Chris concentrates on mixed-use properties in the office and retail markets. With over 35 years of experience, Chris approaches each deal with creativity. His expertise extends across market sectors and his diverse knowledge provides unique opportunities for his clients, such as finding a path for converting an industrial property into a medical office space. Chris is known for being thorough and honest, which helps his clients solve problems effectively and close deals fairly. By knowing what his clients might be planning, Chris is able to take advantage of opportunities when they arise. With his extensive market knowledge, he knows which properties make a good fit and clients benefit from his ability to connect the right site to the right opportunity. A responsive and knowledgeable partner, Chris looks to build a trusting relationship and meet the needs of his clients effectively.
“I’ve been doing this since 1997; I know the market and I know the buildings. I also know that listening is more important than talking. I ask a lot of questions and I tell clients why I am asking questions. I always put the client first and I’m honest with them. I’ll tell them if I don’t think they should buy or lease something. ”
Chris is a graduate of Ohio Wesleyan University. Prior to joining The Dunham Group in 1994, Chris worked with Dead River Company for eleven years. Chris lives with his wife, Carson, and their two Boykin Spaniels in Durham. He enjoys spending time outdoors, with fishing and skiing being Chris’s favorite passions.
- Children’s Museum & Theatre of Maine – 142 Free Street, Portland: Chris and Justin Lamontagne represented the Children’s Museum in the sale of this 19,158 SF landmark downtown property. The sale allowed the Children’s Museum to move forward with construction on their new 30,000 SF facility at Thompson’s Point.
- Berlin Mills Wharf, Portland: Chris represented the seller and long-time client in the sale of this 21,188 wharf property.
- 10 Dana Street, Portland: Chris represented both buyer and seller in the sale of this quintessential Old Port brick office/retail building.
- 51 & 71 US Route One, Scarborough: Chris helped long-time client and local developer in the purchase and redevelopment of these former industrial factories into Class A medical office buildings. He also fully leased both properties.
- Union Wharf, Portland: Chris, Tom Dunham, and Greg Hastings represented the seller in the historic sale of this 10-building, 38,439 SF wharf property.